AT A GLANCE
- Role: Senior Consultant / Senior Project Manager
- Client: Western Inventory Services
- Industry: Business Services
- Project Types: Infrastructure, Networking, Business Processes
- Scope: Enterprise
- Team: (15) In-house, IT, Management
- Duration: 12 months (1996-97)
Led an enterprise-wide business process review and technology infrastructure assessment resulting in The “Virtual Office Project”—a reengineering effort involving a complete WAN and LAN infrastructure upgrade and standardization
- Developed corporate IT strategy and business case for platform (LAN) standardization, wide-area connectivity and system integration for 2000 employees in 52 offices across North America.
- Implemented business process improvements on a priority cost-benefit basis.
- Managed in-house IT, application development and configuration, help desk, user and management teams.
- Managed multiple outsourcing contracts for telecom, BPR, infrastructure upgrades, database migration and hardware supply.
- Designed, developed and tested a mission-critical web-based enterprise scheduling application.
Infrastructure & Network Development
- Planned and directed the development, implementation and support of a corporate intranet involving the modification of existing applications and systems and the implementation of upgraded networks and desktops to current industry standards.
- Delivered the Phase I implementation on time (9 months) while managing within a zero based budgeting approval process.