AT A GLANCE
- Role: Senior Project Manager
- Client: Bank of Montreal via Buck Consultants
- Industry: Financial / Pensions
- Project Types: Infrastructure, Application Development
- Scope: Enterprise
- Team: IT project team (8), external contractors
- Duration: 6 months (2001)
Managed design, development and delivery of a bilingual IVR application for BMO to provide enrollment and transactional capabilities for 33,000 employees to manage their DC pension plan. Managed in-house IT project team and external contractors.
- Managed internal resources (8 technical/programming staff) for COM development, application integration and infrastructure management.
- Negotiated and managed external contractors and multiple utility/telcom services for application development, telecom infrastructure upgrades and hardware acquisition.
- Application included a scalable multi-line implementation, 2-tier call center connectivity and operations management with detailed activity tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Enrollments exceeded planned targets of 50% enrollment of 33,000 employees during a tight 5 week enrollment period.
- Application delivered on time and within budget on a compressed timeline of 6 months.