AT A GLANCE:
- Role: Senior Project Manager
- Client: Brewers Retail via Buck Consultants
- Industry: Retail / Government
- Project Types: Process Management / Application
- Team: In house, client resources, technical, functional
- Duration: 16 months (1998-2000)
Dual project management role leading design, development and implementation of a 3-tier client-server pension administration application for Brewer’s Retail.
- Business process analysis and re-engineering for automation and integration. Modeling of complex pension rules
- Business process modeling, data cleansing and conversion were significant hurdles to overcome in order to move the client from a largely paper-based system to an automated system.
- Project required considerable resourcing effort to define and model pension rules and to manage client communications, resources and expectations
- Project governance included regular interaction / reviews through the Project Office of the CIO.
Dual project management role:
- Managed in-house resources (9 technical/programming staff) for application development, testing, training and release.
- Managed client resources (technical and functional staff) for requirements definition, data cleansing and conversion, People Soft HR and Payroll integration, and technical and infrastructure support.
- Spent considerable extra effort to model the complex pension rules, document specifications, communicate ongoing project planning information to the client, and schedule the client’s in-house resources
- Project delivered on time and on budget according to plan